Glynase XL 10 mg
Glynase 10 MG Tablet XL is an effective oral anti-diabetic medicine belonging to sulfonylurea group of medicines. It is used to lower blood glucose levels in.
Glynase XL 10 mg
Description Of Glynase XL 10 mg
Glynase 10 MG Tablet XL is an effective oral anti-diabetic medicine belonging to sulfonylurea group of medicines. It is used to lower blood glucose levels in patients with type II diabetes mellitus. It is sometimes used along with insulin or other anti-diabetic medicines to achieve better control of the high blood sugar levels. A controlled diet and regular exercise along with anti-diabetic medications may give better results.
Glynase XL 10 mg Chemical Name
Glynase XL 10 mg Manufacturer
Uses of Glynase XL 10 mg
Glynase XL 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
What is Glynase XL 10 mg?
Glynase XL 10 Tablet is used for Treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, Treating the type 2 diabetes mellitus, Type 2 diabetes mellitus and other conditions. Glynase XL 10 Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Glynase XL 10 Tablet contains Glipizide as an active ingredient.
Glynase XL 10 Tablet works by promoting insulin secretion in the body.
USV manufactures Glynase XL 10 Tablet.
How Glynase XL 10 mg working
GLYNASE XL 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called sulfonylureas. This drug acts by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells and increasing the peripheral insulin uptake. It helps in decreasing the blood glucose levels.
How is Glynase XL 10 mg used?
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Glynase XL 10 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
Glynase XL 10 mg Indications
Take Glynase 10 mg Tablet XL as instructed by the doctor. Your dosage is likely to change over time based on the response to the medication. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller quantities than recommended. This medicine should be taken 30 minutes before the first meal of the day. Regular exercise, controlled diet and frequent monitoring of blood sugar levels are recommended while taking any anti-diabetic medicine.
Glynase XL 10 mg Dosage
Take the missed dose 30 minutes before the next meal. However, if it is almost time for the next scheduled dose then the missed dose should be skipped to prevent overdosing.
Contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. Symptoms of overdose may include weakness, shaking of the body, blurred vision, excessive sweating, stomach pain, and seizures. Sometimes, an overdose of Glipizide may cause a rapid fall in blood sugar levels that could be life threatening.
Contraindication Of Glynase XL 10 mg
- Ethinyl Estradiol
Adverse effects Of Glynase XL 10 mg
- Metabolic: Low blood sugar.
- Heart: Increased risk of death due to heart problems.
- Central Nervous System: Dizziness and vertigo.
- Skin: Allergic skin reactions, inflammation of skin, itching, redness, hives, eruptions and photosensitivity.
- Eye and ENT: Tinnitus.
- Gastrointestinal: GI disturbances (eg, nausea, loss of appetite, heartburn) and diarrhea.
- Genitourinary: Mild urinary frequency, elevated Blood, Urea, Nitrogen and creatinine levels.
- Liver: Jaundice and elevated LFT (liver function test) results.
- Blood: Decrease in white blood cells, platelets, hemoglobin.
- Miscellaneous: Disulfiram – like reaction (symptoms like uneasiness, vomiting, mental confusion, chest pain, headache etc on taking alcohol while on the medication), weakness, tingling, fatigue and uneasiness.
Special Precautions And Related Warnings Of Glynase XL 10 mg
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, blood disorder.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking this medication. It may increase the risk of low blood sugar.
- It may increase the risk of death from heart disease, thyroid problem, moderate liver or kidney failure.
- Monitor blood glucose concentration.
Storage Conditions for Glynase XL 10 mg
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. - Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.