Xeloda 500 mg
Xeloda 500 mg Tablet is a drug used for treating cancer. Xeloda 500mg Tablet is an anti-metabolite used for chemotherapy for treating patients suffering from various cancers.
Description Of Xeloda 500mg
Xeloda 500mg Tablet is a drug used for treating cancer. Xeloda 500mg Tablet is an anti-metabolite used for chemotherapy for treating patients suffering from various cancers. Xeloda 500mg Tablet is used for treating breast, colon or rectal, pancreatic, gastric, ovarian, oesophageal. It comes as a pill, which is consumed after having food.
Xeloda 500mg Chemical Name
Xeloda 500mg Manufacturer
- Roche India
Uses of Xeloda 500mg
Xeloda 500mg Tablet is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
What is Xeloda 500mg?
Xeloda 500mg Tablet is an anticancer medicine which is used in the treatment of colorectal and breast cancer. It should be used only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional. It may cause severe liver and kidney injury if taken in high quantities. Close monitoring of blood cell count is necessary while receiving this medicine.
How Xeloda 500mg working?
Xeloda 500mg Tablet is an anticancer medication. It works by interfering with the growth of genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This slows the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
How is Xeloda 500mg used?
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Xeloda 500mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
Xeloda 500mg Indications
Take Xeloda 500mg Tablet as advised by the doctor. Do not consume larger quantities than prescribed. Do not miss any scheduled dose. Consult the doctor immediately if you experience any undesirable effects. Do not stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor.
Xeloda 500mg Dosage
- Xeloda 500mg
Contraindication Of Xeloda 500mg
- History of severe and unexpected reactions to fluoropyrimidine therapy,
- Hypersensitivity to capecitabine or to any of the excipients listed in section 6.1 or fluorouracil,
- In patients with known complete absence of dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD)
- During pregnancy and lactation,
- In patients with severe leukopenia, neutropenia, or thrombocytopenia,
- In patients with severe hepatic impairment,
- In patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance below 30 ml/min),
- Treatment with sorivudine or its chemically related analogues, such as brivudine (see section 4.5),
- If contraindications exist to any of the medicinal products in the combination regimen, that medicinal product should not be used.
Adverse effects Of Xeloda 500mg
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
- Low white blood cell count
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Muscle or joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Bone pain
Special Precautions And Related Warnings Of Xeloda 500mg
Xeloda 500mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Xeloda 500mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Xeloda 500mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Xeloda 500mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Xeloda 500mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Xeloda 500mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Xeloda 500mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Xeloda 500mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Storage Conditions for Xeloda 500mg
Do not store above 30°C.